.onion sites are just like any website, besides they can only be accessed through a hidden network and indirectly through TorVPN's VPN proxy service. They do not have a real domain name or IP address that exists on the "regular" internet. The TOR network arranges anonymity for the server and its visitors. The things you can find on .onion sites include image and file hosting, whistleblower websites (Wikileaks), forums offering complete freedom of speech, search engines, hacking, programming, and so on.
To access these sites just follow these simple steps:
1. Navigate to the TOR Project website at this address: https://www.torproject.org/download/download.html.en and download the latest browser bundle for your operating system, never download any browser bundle from any other site!
2. After downloading the browser bundle, just install it like any other software.
3. Next, Start the TOR browser and it will connect to the TOR network ( it might ask you for a confirmation
4. After the browser is started, and you see the confirmation screen that the browser is connected and everything is ok
5. That’s it! you are all set to go, the only thing you need to do is the enter any .onion url into the address bar of the browser